To consolidate Montessori training capacity in Kenya under one central organization and to provide access to authentic, high-quality Montessori education to all Kenyan children and families, particularly those in the most disadvantaged communities.
That all Kenyan communities have access to high-quality Montessori education that supports natural human development through proven pedagogical and human developmental practices.
- Enhanced capacity and groundwork for broader and more rapid adoption of Montessori in Kenya
- Quality assurance and professional development support to training centres and schools
- Implementation and project management support to outreach initiatives
- Advocacy and relationship management with associate and partner organizations, local bodies and institutions, and government
- Creation of avenues for local research and knowledge production
- Connection with AMI network in Africa and internationally
Anticipated Long Term Impact
- Build the Montessori movement in Kenya as a stable and formidable voice that supports the educational and developmental needs of young people in Kenya
- Enable communities to use Montessori as a lever for community empowerment and self-directed learning and development, particularly in poor, rural, nomadic and refugee communities.
- Influence the parenting and education practices in Kenya to embrace the developmental nature of children’s education, consistent with the values and principles of the Montessori community.
- Share learnings across Montessori and NGO practitioners in Kenya, across the African continent, and beyond.